Terms and Conditions
Creating Your Community
Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing the Creating Your Community (CYC) web site, you are agreeing to be bound to these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright law. When using CYC to create a profile and build communities you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Use:
The Creating Your Community website is an open participatory archive where you share and connect with other people and communities. Materials loaded onto the web site will be visible to all website users. You will have full rights to edit your profile to reflect the information you would like to share with the public.
Copyright & Publication Rights
The Denver Public Library does not assume responsibility for infringement of copy or publication rights of manuscripts, photographs, or audio-visual material that are held by the creator, or any other heirs, donors or executors. Users are expected to be aware of all relevant laws concerning copyright, protection of privacy, and libel and shall indemnify the Denver Public Library against any legal consequences arising from their use of the material.
By registering with the website and creating a profile and/or community you are giving the Denver Public Library permission to display digital reproductions of items on the Creating Your Community website and the DPL Digital Collections website.
Sharing content and information
Creating Your Community is an open website so all comments and content can be viewed by all users. The Community Guidelines have been established you give you basic dos and don’ts for sharing information on the web.
Criteria for Selecting Content for DPL Digital Collections
In addition to the Creating Your Community website, we will add content to the Denver Public Library (DPL) Digital Collections to preserve and broaden the depth of information available to current and future researchers. Here are some guidelines:
- Materials that will be contributed to the Digital Archives will focus on the trans-Mississippi West and the Rocky Mountain Region.
- DPL reserves the right to remove material from the DPL Digital Collections as defined in the De-accession policy in the Manuscript Acquisitions Policy.
Registration and Account Security
We ask that you are courteous when registering to use the Creating Your Community site:
- You will not provide any false personal information on CYC, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use CYC if you are under 18.